« Home | Paulo Almeida is Benfica first new player for 2004... » | Melchiot back to the Dutch Squad » | Baseggio sign 4 years contract with Anderlecht » | Scolari called Nuno Gomes for the match against It... » | Barça following Gilberto Silva » | UEFA CUP 1/8 Final Results » | PSV 3 - 0 Auxerre » | Inter beat Benfica in seven-goal thriller to reach... » | Barcelona 0 - 0 Celtic » | Gama 4-4 Botafogo » 

Saturday, March 27, 2004 

Adanaspor 1-2 Fenerbahçe

A tough but vital 2-1 win was the result from our trip to relegation faced Adanaspor today. Marcio Nobre`s double answered the home side`s shock early goal.
After the injuries to Mehmet Yozgatlı and Kemal Arslan Christoph Daum had to re-shuffle his midfield, which brought the return of Selçuk Şahin to the side. Ümit Özat switched to the left, while Ali Güneş and Marco Aurelio played in the centre with Selçuk to their right. Fatih Akyel played at right back as Ali moved up the field.

The bottom side of the league were still to prove a challenge for our team, as the stress multiplies by the week towards the end of the season. Adanaspor were to add more to that by scoring in the 2nd minute. Ümit Ozan was played in just inside our half, beating the offside trap according to the referees, before squaring the ball for Murat Özatak who finished off in his second attempt following Volkan Demirel`s save.

It still took a while before we got out of our tracks, and it proved that a dead ball situation would be our catalyst. Pierre van Hooijdonk`s rapid delivery from the byline was met by Marcio Nobre`s head with some power to get our equaliser in the 22nd minute.

Daum made an early change by taking off Stjepan Tomas for Sergei Rebrov to boost our attacking force.

But Adanaspor continued to be a threat and forced our team back on many occassions. Volkan was forced to cut out dangerous crosses particularly in the final 10 minutes of the first half.

The second half should ideally have started with a bomb for Fenerbahçe, but the complete opposite happened as the home side got two clear cut opportunities, luckily squandering them to keep the score at 1-1.

Ten minutes into the second half Marcio Nobre showed great persistence to score his second of the game. The Brazilian forward headed Rebrov`s corner straight at the keeper, snap-shot at the rebound before finally scoring on his third attempt while he was on the floor, 2-1.

He could have added another if he was one step ahead to reach van Hooijdonk`s pass into the area.

With 20 minutes to go van Hooijdonk looked wrongly judged offside as he scored a clever goal onto a move created by Aurelio.

Ümit was one-on-one with the keeper too after breaking in from the left, but his effort was tipped away by the keeper.

Adanaspor threatened particularly with attacks from our left wing. Many balls were cleared from the box by the likes of Fabio Luciano, Ali, Volkan and even Rebrov.

Marcio Nobre was clearly brought down in the box by Timur but referee Serdar Tatlı`s whistle remained silent.

With the final whistle however, our fans were in the joy of taking the three points despite a below par performance.

Adanaspor: Serkan Kırıntılı, Timur, Güngör, Serkan Bekiroğlu, İlker (86` Gökmen), Ercan, İbrahim, Murat Özatak, Ümit Ozan, Ümit Bilican (71` Ali Asım), Yusuf (79` Lalik)

Fenerbahçe: Volkan Demirel, Fabio Luciano, Stjepan Tomas (34` Sergei Rebrov), Fatih Akyel, Mahmut Hanefi Erdoğdu, Ali Güneş, Ümit Özat, Selçuk Şahin, Marcio Nobre, Pierre van Hooijdonk

Goals: 22`, 55` Marcio Nobre (Fenerbahçe), 2` Murat Özatak (Adanaspor)

Source: Fenerbahçe.org


Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates